“It’s not stress that kills us, it is our reaction to it.” – Hans Selye
Hello Sleepless Beauty,
Does your brain *POP* awake at an hour when the entire WORLD is still asleep?
Do you feel exhausted and no amount of rest, sleep, or personal TLC can rejuvenate you?
Feel like spitting in this test tube for me?
In 2016, I had a grand time making BIG life decisions and exciting changes!! I was advancing my career, taking my relationship to new depths, and starting a new life in a small Idaho mountain town. Here’s all that I did…
- Accepted a promotion into a new job that I knew very little about and gained supervisor responsibilities.
- Sold my ocean front home in Alaska.
- Bought my new home in a small mountain town in Idaho.
- Remodeled my beautiful new home.
- Ended a 10-year relationship.
- Started a tumultuous rebound relationship.
- Lived alone for the first time in 10 years.
- Said farewell to a dog friend.
- Said hello to a new dog friend.
- Built a whole new community of friends in a new town and a new state.
- Quickly learned that I was in WAY over my head with my new job (funny they don’t mention that part in the interview).
- Quickly learned that contractors can be tricky to wrangle into doing the job you’re paying them to do.
- Quickly learned that I don’t like living in a beautiful, spacious remodeled home all by myself.
This is a LOT to learn in a short amount of time. Soon I was exhausted, drained, completely listless in all activities. It didn’t matter what I did, I could not rally the energy to be excited, enthusiastic, or motivated.
Here I was in a whole new town, new life, and new everything… totally drained by it all.
I had wanted to find a Naturopath that could provide me with a natural alternative to prescriptions for general well-being. This lack of energy and lackluster existence gave me the boost that I needed to find her sooner than later. I shared a very thorough family and medical history plus a list of life events from the past 6-months. She truly listened and was insightful. She offered that spending some time with a counselor may be helpful in my life transitions (she shared that the changes I had recently undergone were HUGE).
Funny… I hadn’t given myself credit for the major changes I had recently made in my life
She drew several vials of blood and then asked that I spit in a few test tubes. Hmmmm….. ok
Turns out there are saliva tests that can provide valuable information regarding physical functions. Turns out my constant state of fatigue was found in my poorly functioning adrenal system. This accounted for my routine 3am wakeup, my fatigue, and my lack of general life enthusiasm. Who knew that sustained stress, over a long period of time, could actually deplete your bodies response to stress? (please note intense sarcasm)
Watch the video below to learn how you can naturally put your body back onto the path to health (ps, this should go without saying, but I am in no way a medical professional. Just a once tired and run down gal making a seriously healthy comeback). In a world that hums on stress, takes pride in its various forms, and even sells millions of dollars of merchandise with catchy slogans regarding its ability to propel us into better living…..sometimes it literally and very effectively shuts us down cold.
Maybe Sleeping Beauty wasn’t burdened by the curse put upon her, but rather healed by the abundance of rest and time given to her body to re-balance its natural systems??